Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sycamore




                   

                                                               WE ARE HERE!

We arrived in Sycamore yesterday.  It's the most surreal experience of my life.  I am emotionally spent after all the goodbyes I've had this week.  The last goodbye was tonight when I dropped my parents off at the airport.  I'm sitting in my new apartment, my kids are sleeping upstairs and life is just like it was EXCEPT I'm 1000 miles away from everything I know and all the people I care about.  I am looking forward to this all being my normal because right now it all feels foreign, new, not mine.  Our neighborhood here is amazing and small and beautiful.  The experience has been promised to be a "fun adventure" so I am trying to open my heart and my eyes and explore this opportunity.  So here I am in a new place with new people and trying to maintain my composure.  Pray for us all and watch me take on this New Adventure!
Wait...did I mention that Jake was accepted to grad school in Illinois?  Well he was and he we are all here for him to go to school for the next three years.  He will be studying acting! He is very excited and we are excited to watch him grow and change during this amazing experience.



2 comments:

  1. Which side is your side? When looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Left! Jake said we are lefty livers! I feel weird about that!

    ReplyDelete