Tuesday, August 13, 2013

HyVee = Harmons

I know it's only been like a week since we got here but I'M HOMESICK! I want to go somewhere I know. Somewhere that feels comfortable.  I walked into HyVee (grocery store) in Sycamore and immediately got a lump in my throat.  I tried to gulp it down and did pretty well. I didn't want to look like the insane lady sobbing as she tried to decide between apricots or peaches! HyVee reminded me of Harmons! Isn't that the stupidest thing you've ever heard?  It's hard being a grown up and making strong decisions that change your life so completely.  Jake starts school next week and this life will just get more insane. I'm so incredibly proud of him an everything he has accomplished to prepare for Graduate School.  So I'll just swallow the overwhelming sadness for now and try to put my house together and make it feel like a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment