Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Chicago Children's Museum


My wonderful friend Lindsey Judd has been living in Chicago for the past year and having a friend so close made it essential that we make a trip into the CITY! 
We decided on the Navy Pier Children's Museum.  It was awesome! Lots of room and fun for all the kids. It was hard to get around will all 7 kids but it was worth it.
I loved driving into the city and I was so excited to show the kids the city.  They were excited by the trains that were everywhere and they thought the water (lake Michigan) looked awesome. Jake didn't get to come with us this time but it was nice to get out and see some parts of our new home. 


Here is Addy, April (Lindsey's) and Frank getting ready for the water room.  It was probably Addy's favorite part of the museum. Frank loved the ropes that you can climb from floor 2 to floor 3. I was terrified for him to do it but he was great. It was a good reminder that I can back off and let him be a kid sometimes!


Addy's new haircut was great for the water world! She looked so cute all day! 

 She also got to build in the tinker room.  This may be one of my favorite looks for Addy.  The most interesting part of the day was when I drove home and realized I felt relived when I reach DeKalb County.  I was relieved cause I was home.  I was amazed that I felt that way and it was nice to know that my spirit and mind are starting to settle here.  Happy hearts today and lots of fun times with friends.  I am looking forward to going with Jake into the city and watching theater and exploring such a great city.  We won't have a lot of time for that but we do want to make it a priority.  Jake needs to do some networking in the city so I'm sure we will be there some.  Thankful for days like today! 

GROWING!

No comments:

Post a Comment