Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day!

Tomorrow is a big day people! Tomorrow is the first Sunday where I have my own offspring up on the stand singing directly to me!
I know that Christmas times comes with some lovely music on sundays and I really enjoys the fourth of July when we sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic during sacrament but there are few things that bring outrageous amount of tears to my eyes like primary children singing to their mothers.
The innocence, the love the sense that they are totally unaware of how much their sweet voices and words actually mean to the their moms!
I asked Frank if he was excited to sing to me on Sunday and he looked at me confused and brushed off the question without a response.  It might mean nothing to him just yet (he's 4 remember) but my heart has been yearning for this day! I have wanted to see my own child up on the stand since I was a young girl and could feel the spirit fill the chapel with love for what I believe is one of God's most special jobs!
Being a Mom is absolutely the hardest thing I have ever done. I think it's so difficult because the amount of selflessness you have to have is unmeasurable. Frank beat the selfishness right out of me.  I could no longer choose when or how to sleep.  I couldn't even choose when to go to the bathroom.  It was incredibly hard for me at first. So hard I wasn't sure I could do it.  It's four years later and 2 more children have been added to the mix and I have to tell you IT JUST GETS BETTER!  When I let go of myself I find my place as mother. It's difficult to maintain and sometimes I give up and check out but I am finding that the happiest place is at the bottom of a kid pile! Wrapped in the arms of my amazing children.  Night time when Frank wakes up crying and I pray his fears away and kiss his tears.  When Addy tells me a silly story and we laugh out loud together for minutes.  When Louie does just about anything! These moments are fleeting.  Days melt into years and I hope to settle into the moment more and stop wishing for bedtime. I want to focus on the moments before they are memories.  I am excited for tomorrow and looking forward to the tears that will be shed! Finally a Primary Age baby to sing to his mommy! I am so lucky!


1 comment: