![]() |
| Some perspective of just how tiny our little guy is. |
Sunday night Aug. 19 at around 6 pm I started feeling pretty gross and was sure that something wasn't right but after the nurse checked my vitals she assured me that everything looked good. By 7pm I was sure there was something wrong and had her check my temp. again this time I was at 100.5 and the nurse got a little worried. She called the doctor and within 30 minutes I was being prepped for surgery. The did an ultra sound and discovered that the baby was still breech so they felt the safest route was a c-section. After the I.V. and the gowns for me and Jake we walked to the operating room and I was prepped for my spinal block.
Having a c-section can best be described as all the worst parts of being the Center of Attention! You're half naked in a crowd of people with bright lights and everyone is asking you how you are and how you feel but of course your NOT ok and you FEEL scared. People who know me would have been shocked my the level of silence I had taken on at this time. I was terrified for me and for my baby and I didn't know how to process any of my emotions so I just went internal and tried to be in my own world while everything that was out of my control went on around me.
It took the doctors maybe 10 minutes to get my little guy out. One of the doctors commented that Louie had wrapped himself up in his cord it was twice around his body and once around his neck so it was truly a blessing that he came when he did and how he did. He was so comfy inside that it was hard for the doctors to pull him out and he even got some bruising on his back because the doctor had to pull so hard.
He was rushed next door where he was put on a ventilator that could breathe for him and a whole bunch of other tubes that would feed him and check his vital sign. Jake was in the room with him from the minute he was born, I of course had to get stitched back together. After he was prepped they wheeled him up to the NICU (Newborn Intensive Care Unit).
After I was put back together they wheeled me up in my bed and they let me look at my sweet baby. I couldn't believe how amazing he was. He was so strong and tiny and he looked like Frank but with hair.
So at 10:03 August 19 2012 Louie (after Jake's dad) Moss (after my dad) Suazo (that's just his last name) joined our eternal family. He was 3 lbs and 3 oz and 16 inches long.
![]() |
| He's so bored! It had been a long day! |
After the first day in the NICU he was taken off the ventilator and they took out his umbilical line which meant we got to hold him!!!!! Holding my baby is what SEALED the deal! Looking at his perfect body and seeing how strong he is. He is perfect! Each day he gets stronger and stronger I am amazed at the abilities of this tiny human.
Louie Moss Suazo
My baby boy! You are so strong and beautiful it makes mom cry every time I think about you! You are tiny but you are perfect. Your hands are Suazo all the way and you nose is exactly like mine. You are truly the love of my life and I am so pleased you chose me to be your Mom. Louie you are named after two of the greatest men I know. Men who are powerful, faithful, loving, kind, strong, brave, tenacious, dedicated and above all two of the best father I have ever known. I know you will wear your name proudly and you should be proud of the power that is held in those names. We met you early and in a way I was never prepared for but I have a feeling you will be handing us surprises like that the rest of our days together. You my boy are love. Your sister and brother love you do much and none of us can wait until you get to come home with us and become part of the daily routine. Your spirit is needed there and your kind heart will be a welcomed addition. Louie, I love my Heavenly Father and I know it is because of him that I get to be your mommy forever. I am grateful for the opportunity to see you grow up and to be a big part of it.
Love
Your MOM
![]() |
| Eyes open checking mom out! |



So wonderful! Congratulations to one of the most amazing women I know!!! Beautiful baby, beautiful life!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! Made me all sorts of teary. I'm so glad he's here and is doing so well. Like I said, if there was a way, I'd come up and see y'all right now!
ReplyDelete