Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mort Family Reunion


Here is Jake sporting our family T-shirts. It was sport themed so we were the referees!

This year my family was in charge of the Mortimer Family Reunion. Now for anyone who doesn't know this family reunion is not your average family reunion. I have 71 first cousins (my mom will probably comment with a more accurate number:) and they all have multiple children, in fact, I think my little Addy was the 165th great grandchild born. So as you can tell this reunion is HUGE and it is also taken VERY seriously! There are games, raffles, mingling and eating. It has been judged by the elders (My Uncles and Aunts) That this reunion has to be at least 2 nights and 3 days. So this year was my families turn to be in charge and make it THE BEST REUNION EVER! If you also don't know my immediate family love to plan parties and we take pride in being AWESOME at it. So the verdict....the reunion was AWESOME! We had Mortimer money issued for cleaning or participating in activities that could then be used at the family concessions. Hello, we had a popcorn maker and snow cones!

Franklin wanted nothing to do with anyone or anything that wasn't in the sand box. I think he spent the entire 3 days in there. I pushed through even though I was 8 months pregnant and we all had a great time. This was also the last reunion my Grandma Mortimer was at. She passed away in aug. She was an incredible woman and an amazing example to her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment