HEY I DID IT! Thanks Katie! READ THIS Lisa's blog! She is brilliant and also an english teacher so she has great GRAMMAR skills. Something I completly lack. I was reading her blog today and was so inspired by what she wrote. It was about motherhood and how she longs to be famous. It was silly and wonderful. I made a comment I wanted to share on my blog.
*MY COMMENT*
I think this was the most poetic peice of literature I have ever read! I felt deeply the things you were saying and giggled at the complexity of the ultimatly self less decision that is MOTHER HOOD! I love it so entirely but have a hard time finding myself and most importanly, my famous self! I want to feel famous to most people including my kids. I remember my mom used to wear HAT! RED HATS! I thought she was so beautiful and classy. I hope my kids appreciate my baggy tops and ill fitted jeans! I hope they think I'm classy! Thanks Lisa for writing this it TRULY made my day!
I always find balancing my self as a human and myself as a mom so difficult. I've only been a mom for a short time but I am struggling to find an identity that runs along side my intense want to be an AMAZING MOM! I want to be the mom that did it all and kept her kids active and engaged. I also want to be a clever and bold person. I want to have my own wants and needs so that my kids see me happy and engaged in life. So here I am hoping to be THAT WOMAN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
now you HAVE to give us the link!! Go into edit and highlight Lisa's name then click the icon on the top that creates links (roll over them to find it) then enter her address and it should work... I'll be checking back. Things seem to be warming up a bit... maybe this week for pics?
ReplyDelete