Thursday, February 5, 2009

Warning!


When your pregnant people are very quick to give advice. They all know how to stop the aches and pains and they have sure fire ways to get that baby out! Truth is when your pregnant this is the last thing you want to hear. I could have hiked, played tennis, gotten frisky with my man or drank a truck load of Castor oil, my baby was not coming out without a little help. As soon as people find out your pregnant, the stories begin. "When I was pregnant my uterus exploded!" It's true one woman really related this story to me! Then when I was late and wanting nothing more then to have my baby the advice rolled in. Now it's the mocking comment about sleep! I'm tired and hormonal people, let's not laugh and point at the woman with the baby. Sincerely, yes, having a baby is one of the hardest thing I think I will ever do. The first two weeks are excruciating. I have been so tired that tears are a common part of my day. When the old lady died on Grey's Anatomy or when I was singing Can't help Lovin Dat Man of Mine to Franklin and missed Jake so much that I burst into tears. It's laughable now but at the time that song truly touched me! I'm exhausted and a little in pain, but once those first two weeks are over it really is livable. It's amazing how quickly you forget the pain of pregnancy, the pain of labor and delivery and the pain of taking care of a newborn and are just able to stare at this little human and fall completely in love! He is precious! Truly my best work to date. Here we go jumping in head first to mommyhood, what do I do? How do I figure this whole thing out? Don't worry everyone, NO ADVICE needed I just want to figure this out all by myself. The not knowing is what makes this all worth it!

6 comments:

  1. JULIE, you are a poet and you don't even know it! You having an incredible writing ability. I will give you zero advice (I kind of don't like un-asked-for-advice either!!) but say keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sista! Love that you have a blog now and we can stay caught up! Can't wait for more and more pics of the cute little guy! P.S. I cry like a baby over everything after having Colton...I even cried in Kung Fu Panda! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have a blog... I will be checking it often. Welcome to the world of 'Mommy-blogging". I do have one piece of advice... the same advice I give all new moms... even though you said no advice. Are you ready? Here it is: IGNORE all the advice and horror stories you hear. That's it. The end.

    (PS. I'd still love to do some infant pictures of him... let me know if you're interested)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the advice thing! When I found out I was going to have a baby my sister warned me that everyone would give me advice and how annoying it is...turns out she was the worst culprit.


    Congratulations on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah you got a blog. I love it. I love blogs and I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get to give advice...I'm the Grandma...I have to make sure he stays alive!11111

    ReplyDelete